The end of the summer is nearing and you want to send it out with a bang. If that means inviting family and friends over for one last summer bash, you should have fun games ready to play. Why not spend this weekend putting together a super fun DIY outdoor game that everyone will love next weekend. Of course you can also play them into the fall, but lets just take this one weekend at a time. Below, there are 10 wonderful ideas for outdoor games that you can build yourself, but you can also think outside the box. Or inside the box really. Think about your favorite childhood board game and how you might be able to turn that into an outdoor activity. For example, in the list below you can find instructions for a large Jenga set or yard Twister. What about making a giant connect 4 game or a huge Yahtzee cup with dice made out of boxes? Your construction doesn’t have to be perfect or long lasting, it just needs to lead to a good time. The kids will love it and it will bring out the kid in all of the adults. Look through the list below for some inspiration to start. Then head to your game closest and see what you can come up with. You may be able to find all the supplies you need with just a little dumpster diving. Be creative, have fun building the games and most importantly have fun playing them.
No summer party is complete without getting outside and playing some games! Here are some outdoor party games that will be a big hit for all ages:
1. Giant bubble maker via One Charming Party – kids will get a huge kick out of being inside a massive bubble!
2. Ker-plunk game via All Parenting – a large-scale version of the classic ker-plunk game. This one’s fun and easy for all ages to play.
3. Water balloon piñata via Ziggity Zoom – this couldn’t be easier to set up, and it’s a blast to play! Perfect for cooling down on a hot summer day, too.
4. “On target” backyard dart game via Spoonful – a fun and easy tossing game that’s similar to horseshoes.
5. Backyard Jenga via Holli Long – made with 2×4’s, this is Jenga on a grand scale! Kids and adults alike will love it when the tower falls. : )
6. Hit the can party game via Paging Supermom – a classic carnival game that’s a cinch to put together in your own backyard.
7. Giant pick up sticks game via I Heart Nap Time – these are actually spray painted bamboo yard stakes. A clever and thrifty DIY game!
8. Outdoor Twister. Awesome! – via Just Us Girls
9. Giant Bananagrams via Constantly Lovestruck – Bananagrams is such a fun game. Playing it with huge DIY letters on the lawn is a great idea!
10. “Stumps” tug of war via Parents – a strategy-over-strength game that’s straight out of summer camp!