Keeping the area clean and uncluttered during a demolition job, home renovation, or clean-out project is crucial to everyone’s safety. The two most common methods for collecting and hauling away debris and trash are junk removal services and dumpster rentals. Both renting a dumpster and hiring a junk removal company have their pros and cons, but people generally find renting one or more dumpsters ends up being the better choice.
Here’s a look at the benefits and possible downsides of each type of waste removal service.
Reasons to Hire a Junk Removal Company
Junk removal companies help with general trash, yard waste, and construction debris removal, as well as estate clean-outs and foreclosures. One of the greatest benefits of hiring a junk removal company is that they do the heavy lifting. Professional services tend to work quickly and go out of their way to protect your property during the removal process.
Overall, junk removal companies are ideal for smaller jobs, such as a move or spring clean-up. While you may pay a little more for the service compared to renting a dumpster, the convenience and time you save can outweigh the extra cost.
When to Rent a Dumpster
In most cases, renting one or more dumpsters will be less expensive than hiring a junk removal service as they:
- Come in multiple sizes
- Allow you to collect and dispose of trash and debris on your own schedule: You select the rentable period that works for you.
- Are a more environmentally-friendly solution: If you hire a junk removal company and they need to make multiple trips to dispose of your refuse, they leave a higher carbon footprint.
What Size Dumpster Container Do I Need?
Next Day Dumpsters offers three dumpster sizes to match your waste removal needs. Which size you choose naturally depends on how much you need to haul away.
- A 15-yard dumpster holds the equivalent of approximately six pickup trucks and is usually large enough for roofing jobs, minor kitchen and basement remodels, yard debris, and seasonal clean-outs.
- A 20-yard dumpster is typically used for residential or commercial remodeling projects, office clean-outs, and property clean-ups. It holds approximately eight pickup truck loads.
- A 30-yard dumpster holds approximately 12 pickup truck loads for larger-scale construction or building demotion projects and foreclosure clean-outs.
Most homeowners find a 15-yard dumpster fits their waste removal needs.
Dumpster Rental or Junk Removal Services?
Which option is best for you? If you want someone else to handle all the labor involved in removing your waste, a junk removal service is probably the right choice. On the other hand, renting a dumpster for two weeks or more can save you money if you want a more flexible option. You also get to spread the labor portion of the job out over multiple days.
If you decide a dumpster rental is right for you, remember that all dumpster rental services are not alike! From initial contact to the final haul, our customers rave about how pleasant Next Day Dumpsters makes the clean-out process.
And as an Angi’s List Super Service Award recipient, we offer:
- Dumpsters for any size job
- Dumpster rentals when you need them
- Affordable prices
- Next-day delivery
- Unmatched customer service
If your residential or commercial property is bursting at the seams with debris, trash, and other waste that you can’t dispose of with your regular trash collection, a dumpster rental offers an easy and convenient solution.
Contact Next Day Dumpsters for a quote today, or call us at 877-586-9199 to learn more.